To set up the Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector, you'll need to be logged into both your Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Taxi accounts. You'll also need your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret credentials.
- In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, select 'Setup' from the dropdown menu beside your name in the top right corner
On the left hand side of the setup page select 'Apps' and then select 'Installed packages'
Click ‘new’ to create a new installed package
- Call it ‘Taxi for email’
- Untick the box beside 'Create with enhanced functionality (recommended)'
- On the success page select 'Add Component'
- Choose API Integration from the list
- Tick these boxes to give Taxi access to create emails:
-Perform server-to-server requests at any time with the component's scope in account ID 7230898, taxiforemail-dev
- Channels: Email - Read, Write,Send
-Assets: Documents and Images - Read, Write
Saved Content - Read, Write
- Click ok, take note of your Client ID and Client Secret
In Taxi, head to your Organisation Settings
Select the ESP Connectors tab.
Click 'Add New'
Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the dropdown. This will need to be enabled by Taxi. You'll need to name your connector.
- Click 'Salesforce Marketing Cloud' to edit the connector settings
Paste your API client ID and API client secret
These can be found under the component details on the Installed packages section of your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret
Click 'Add connector'
You're now ready to export mailings to Salesforce Marketing Cloud