First, you need to set up your connector in IBM Marketing Cloud and decide who you want to be able to use it. Follow these steps:
- Log into your IBM Marketing Cloud account and go to Settings > Org Settings. You must be an Admin user in IBM Marketing Cloud to do this
2. On the Organisation Settings screen, expand the Application Account Access menu and click Add Application
3. Name your application ‘Taxi for Email’ and add a short description of what the application does
4. Click the Add button and stay on the same page
5. You will now see a pop up on your screen showing you a Client ID and aClient Secret.
6. Copy and paste this information into a document as you will need it later in the set up process.
7. After you have copied the information, close the pop up and click on Add Account Access.
8. Select Taxi for Email from the Application drop down, then select the User you want to give access to.
9. Click the Add button
10. You will need to repeat steps 8 and 9 for every person who you want to grant access to.
11. Once you have added all your users, you have finished setting up your connector in IBM Marketing Cloud.
12. You and any users you added will receive an email from IBM Marketing Cloud containing a User Account Refresh Token. You will need this for Taxi.
13. The next stage is to set up your connector in Taxi for Email.
Now you have completed the set up in IBM Marketing Cloud, follow these steps to set up your connector in Taxi For Email.
- Log into your Taxi for Email account, click on your name in the top right hand menu and click Organisation Settings.
2. Go to the ESP Connectors tab and select Add New
3. Name your connector ‘IBM Marketing Cloud’ and select the IBM option from the drop down menu.
4. You can also add an image for your connector. This is useful if you have multiple connectors in one Taxi account
5. After selecting the IBM connector, you will see multiple fields to fill in.
6. Add your Engage Server Number. If you don't know it, go to your IBM Login and the number will be part of the URL eg.
7. Fill in the Client ID and Client Secret you copied down earlier.
8. Add your default campaign settings as Taxi will add this information to your mailings on export.
9. If you use dynamic elements in your campaign settings, you can add those here too. Make sure you click "Save"
10. Once you connector is set up, you can chose a default folder for all mailings to be added to. This can be changed on export if required.
11. Go to Account Settings > ESP Connectors and select Edit Settings from the actions menu next to the IBM connector.
12. On the settings screen you will have the option to chose a Default Folder.
13. Click "Choose Folder" and your IBM folders will be available to select.
14. Click Update.
Your Taxi for Email account and your IBM Marketing Cloud account are now connected. The next step is to add your User Account Refresh Token to your Taxi profile so you can use the connector. Every user you previously added in IBM has to complete this next step.
- In your Taxi account, click your name in the top right hand menu and click Edit Profile.
2. Select My Connections tab then copy and paste the User Access Refresh Token from the email you were sent.
3. Click Save (or update)
4. You can now export mailings from your Taxi account directly to your IBM Marketing Cloud Account.