Emails you create in Taxi can be exported automatically into your Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) account via a connector. The connector needs to be set up in two places:
- In Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- In your Taxi for Email Account
First, you need to set up an API integration app in SFMC. To do that follow these steps:
1. Log into your SFMC account with your normal details
2. Open another browser window and go to https://appcenter-auth.s1.marketingcloudapps.com/create
3. Fill in the details and Create Account
4. You will receive an email asking you to authenticate your account
5. After authenticating you’ll be taken to a login screen. You need to log back in
6. On the App Center screen click ‘Create New App’
7. Select API Integration
8. Name the integration Taxi for Email, fill in the description and your company details and click the blue ‘Next’ button
9. On the next page, select ‘ProductionExacttarget Account’ and click Link to Account
10. If you are still logged into your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account, you will see the account integration screen. If not then log back in to see it.
11. Select Integrate
12. On the next screen, tick Read, Send and Write under the email section
13. Under Contacts, tick Read and Write under Audiences, Lists & Subscribers (this is used for segmentation, Taxi does not store data)
14. Click Next in the top right corner
15. On the summary screen, check the details and click the blue Finish button
16. On the final screen, you will find your Client ID and Client Secret under the Authentication and Integration section
17. Copy and paste these into another document as you will need them to set up your connector in Taxi
18. The Salesforce part of the set up process is now complete.
Now you have completed the set up in SFMC follow these steps to set up your connector in Taxi For Email.
1. Log into your Taxi for Email account, click on your name in the top right hand menu and click Account Settings
2. Go to the ESP Connectors tab and select the ‘Add a new connector hyperlink
3. Name your connector ‘Salesforce Marketing Cloud’ and select the Salesforce option from the drop down
4. You can also add an image for your connector. This is useful if you have multiple connectors in one Taxi account
5. After selecting the Salesforce connector, you will see fields to fill in
6. Fill in the API Client ID and Client Secret you copied down earlier
7. Add your default campaign settings as Taxi will add this information to your mailings on export
8. Message Type will default to Standard Editor, so leave this selected unless you know you want to paste HTML
9. If you have requested Taxi to send you csv files for reporting, add the email address you want them sent to
10. Once your connector is set up, you can choose a default folder for all mailings to be added to.
11. Go to Account Settings > ESP Connectors and select Edit Settings from the actions menu next to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector
12. On the settings screen click ‘Choose’ and your Salesforce folders will be available to select
13. Click ‘Update’
14. Your accounts are now connected and you can export from Taxi to SFMC.