In this article, we're going to learn about single segments. We'll also look at creating, configuring and using single segments.
Single segments allow you to include content for some people and not others. E.g. you may want to include an offer module in your mailing, but only for people who live in Dublin. Single segments are binary, you are either in or out
Creating a single segment:
- Select 'Data' then select 'Segmentation'
- Select 'Add New'
On the Single Segment tab select 'Add New'
You can choose a grouped single segment or a single segment. If you create a new grouped single segment you can drag single segments to this group
- Fill in the segment details
Select 'Create Segment'
The segment is now created
- If you are using a connector, the next step is to configure your segment to work with your ESP
Configuring Single Segments:
Before you can use your Single Segments, you must configure the data values that will include or exclude people in your segment.
- Select the Single Segment you want to configure
Select the 'Connectors' tab
Select 'Set Up' next to the connector you want
On the config page, enter the rule for people who should be included in the segment
e.g. Loc == “Dublin”
- The data values must reflect what is in your list
Using a dynamic segment set:
You can use single segments on their own to add extra content to a basic mailing, or use them with segments sets for greater complexity. Once your single segments are created, you can apply them to your mailings.
- Create the mailing you want to use or select an existing one
- Select the circle icon to the right of the module name
Click 'Unlock controls' and select 'Use a single segment'
A rule builder will appear where you can select the segments you want to send the content to
- For anyone not in the single segment, you can send alternative content or leave the extra module out
To send alternative content tick 'add module for remaining participants'
A new content module will appear
You can use the rule builder to set criteria including multiple segments
e.g. is in Dublin and is in loyalty club
- Click the + sign to use multiple single segments