To set up the Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector, you'll need to be logged into both your Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Taxi accounts. You'll also need your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret credentials.
In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, select 'Setup' from the dropdown menu beside your name in the top right corner
On the left-hand side of the setup page select 'Apps' and then select 'Installed packages'
Click ‘new’ to create a new installed package
For example, you can call it ‘Taxi for Email’
On the next page select 'Add Component'
Choose API Integration from the list
Select the 'Server-to-Server' Integration Type
Tick these boxes to give make sure you give Taxi access to create emails:
Email - Read, Write
Documents and Images - Read, Write
Saved Content - Read, Write
Data Extensions - Read & Write or Read only
Webhooks - Read, Write
Take note of your Client ID and Client Secret, as well as the Auth URL and REST URL.
Then in Taxi:
Head to Integrations
Select the ESP Connectors tab.
2. Click 'Add New'
Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud Content Builder from the dropdown. This will need to be enabled by Taxi. You'll need to name your connector.
3. Click 'Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Content Builder' to edit the connector settings
4. Paste your API client ID, API client secret, Auth URL and REST URL
These can be found under the component details on the Installed packages section of your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret
5. Select if you want to set some restrictions for this connector
You can control who can use the connector and also what type of exports users can export. When these are selected you will see the options to the right of the screen where you can add users and teams and select the export types.
6. Next, you can 'Save Details & Exit' to complete the connector set up or you can set up Segmentation and Personalisation for this connector by clicking 'Save Details & Continue'
If you continue setting up you will be brought to the setup pages for Segments Sets, Single Segments and Personalisation. Once these are added choose to save and continue on each page and then finally save details and exit.
If you need to update/edit your Connector details:
1. Head to Integrations and select your Connector
2. A lock will be shown in some fields that contain keys or sensitive information
3. Unlocking this lock will allow you to modify this information