In this article, we're going to cover how to create a new Versions. We'll also look at how to clone or delete an existing Version.
Versions are a version of your mailing. You can have just one Version or you can make multiple Versions of any Mailing. Versions are useful if you want all or part of your Mailing to be different for different customer groups.
E.g. if we take the January edition of our Monthly Newsletter project, we need different versions of it for our bronze, silver and gold loyalty customers as the offers are different for each group or if you work internationally, you might need an English, French and Spanish version.
Creating a new Version:
- Navigate to the Mailing that you would like to add the Version to
Firstly selecting the Project then select the Mailing name
- Select 'Add New'
3. Fill in the Version details
You can select a different Email Design System to the one selected for the Mailing if necessary.
4. Select 'Create Version'
You will now see your new Version listed with the other Versions for this Mailing.
Cloning a Version:
- Navigate to the version you want to clone
Note you cannot clone a Master Version as this is done by adding a new version which inherits from the Master Version
- Select 'Clone' from the kebab menu
If you do not see the option to clone your account an Admin will need to give you the correct permissions to do this.
3. Fill in the name of the cloned Version
You can lock down what is to be included in the name please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information on this.
4. The cloned Version will have the exact same versions and inheritance as the original Mailing. If you have disabled an inheritance within a Mailing on the original, it will be disabled in the cloned Mailing too
Deleting a Version:
- Navigate to the Version you want to delete
- Select 'Delete' from the kebab menu
If you do not see the option to delete your account an Admin will need to give you the correct permissions to do this.
Sharing a Version:
- Navigate to the Version you want to share
- Select 'Share' from the menu on the top right of the Version page.
- Select 'Copy editor link'
This will then copy the link to the Version. You can paste this link to share it with team members, Taxi chat support etc