To set up the Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector, you'll need to be logged into both your Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Taxi accounts. You'll also need your Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret credentials.
In Salesforce Marketing Cloud, select 'Setup' from the dropdown menu beside your name in the top right corner
On the left hand side of the setup page select 'Apps' and then select 'Installed packages'
Click ‘new’ to create a new installed package
Call it ‘Taxi for email’
- On the success page select 'Add Component'
- Choose API Integration from the list
- Select the Server-to-Server integration type
Tick these boxes to give Taxi access to create emails:
Channels: Email- Read, Write
Documents and Images - Read, Write
Saved Content - Read, Write
Data Extensions - Read, Write
Webhooks - Read, Write
- Click ok, take note of your Client ID and Client Secret
Go to Integrations
Select the ESP Connectors tab
Click 'Add New'
Select Salesforce Marketing Cloud from the dropdown. This will need to be enabled by Taxi. You'll need to name your connector
3. Click 'Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Content Builder' to edit the connector settings
4. Paste your API client ID and API client secret
These can be found under the component details on the Installed packages section of your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Client ID and Secret
5. Click 'Add connector'
You're now ready to export mailings to Salesforce Marketing Cloud