Before you can connect Taxi to SES you will need:
- An Access key id and Access key secret
- To decide which SES region you will be using to send your email. (If you want to use multiple SES regions you can set up an instance of the connector for each)
To get an access key you will need first to create a user (this is who Taxi will be when connecting to your AWS account), then give that user access to SES
To create a user follow these instructions:
- The user will need programmatic access - not a login or password.
- You can then add SES permissions to the user by clicking 'Attach existing policies directly'
4. You can then either pick the closet pre-written policy or write your own policy
This is enough to get the connector to work, but it is not best practice because it also grants access to send email, which Taxi does not need.Best practice is to write your own policy which lets Taxi create, read and update SES templates, but not send email. This is to reduce the risks if the key falls into the wrong hands.
Adding the connector to your Taxi account:
- In Taxi, head to Integrations
Select the ESP Connectors tab
- Click 'Add New'
Select Amazon SES from the dropdown. This will need to be enabled by Taxi. You'll need to name your connector
3. Click 'Amazon SES' to edit the connector settings
4. Select your region and add your access key id and secret
The access key id and secret access key are checked as you enter it. If the key is valid and has permissions to create, update and list your SES templates it will turn green
5. Click 'Add connector'