In this article, we're going to learn about segment sets. We'll also look at creating, configuring and using segment sets
Taxi for Email allows you to create complex dynamic content within a mailing by using Segment Sets.
Use Segment Sets when you want to split your entire audience into segments and send different content to each
To create a dynamic segment set:
- Select 'Dynamic Content' then select the 'Segment Sets' tab
- Select 'Add New'
- Fill in the segment set details
4. Select 'Create Segment Set'
The segment set is now created
5. Next you will need to add segments to this segment set
6. Select 'Add New' and fill in the segment details
7. Select 'Create'
Repeat for as many segments as you need.
8. You can either add a specific default segment, or allocate another segment as default content during the configuration step
9. If you are using a connector, the next step is to configure your segment set to work with your ESP
To configure a dynamic segment set:
Once your segment set is created, you need to configure the rules to match your ESP column headers and data values. Your connector must be set up and you need to be familiar with your data setup. You may need to ask your data team or ESP system administrator to help you with this step.
- In your segment set select the 'Connectors' tab
- Select 'Set Up' beside the connector you want to use
3. On the configuration screen, define the exact column name and values for each segment e.g. Loyalty == “LV”
4. If you have multiple values for one segment or you want to combine data points,add them into the same statement using AND/OR e.g. Loyalty == “MV” and Engaged == “True”
5. Drag the segments to change priority
6. If you don’t have a default segment, put the content you want to use as default at the end
Anyone who does not meet the other criteria will receive this content
7. Select 'Save Changes'